Friday, July 3, 2009

Unit 3 Version 1







I have chosen to do the second challenge activity to design words to express their meaning. The two designs that I have done are intended for elementary school learners. For the first design I chose the word "Independence" in honor of the holiday weekend. I used Garamond Bold for the "I" and Garamond for the remainder of the word so that the "I" would be emphasized. For additional emphasis it is in 220 point font. It is separated to also emphasize the meaning of the word. Do you think this works? I tried to even further emphasize it by making it a different color that the rest of the word. I am not sure that this works as it makes it somewhat difficult to read.
For the second design I chose the word "root" in a font that was similar to handwriting so that it would have a more natural feeling. Using the pencil tool I drew in roots. To make it have a more grounded feeling the roots extend to the bottom of the text box. To make it more interesting I moved the word to the left but I am not sure that this conveys the feeling of being rooted. Centered may be more appropriate in this case. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I really like both of your words, they are very unique! Here are my suggestions...

    For independence, I like the two colors I think that that works really well. I also like that the I is seperated, I assume that this is because I is "independent". I think that you should try to take the rest of the word and use the flag option in fireworks. Maybe this would make it look similiar to the american flag. Otherwise I think that they look great.

    For root, I LOVE the font. I think that it definitely looks natural. I would move it to the middle and have the "roots" hang down. I think that this will make them look even more like roots.

    Overall I think that you did a nice job!!

    ReplyDelete